Christmas is the perfect occasion to showcase what your company has to offer. Some of the most successful ways in promoting products can be through the use of social media platforms like Instagram.
You may have heard about Instagram before. For many it’s a platform that’s all about sharing photos and videos. Instagram was created in 2010 and is now owned by Facebook. According to Statista, about one billion people have used the platform every month from 2018. High profile celebrities, such as Cristiano Ronaldo, Ariana Grande and Kim Kardashian make use of it too.
While many use Instagram to post a selfie, there are more things you can do with it. The focus is not on only on content in the form of writing. While this style may not always suit every type of business, it gives you the opportunity to promote your company in a creative way.
It’s easy to create an Instagram account. The platform also has the Instragam logo for you to download as well as other assets, such as screenshots and icons, that you can use on your website or for marketing materials.
Here’s how you can use Instagram in the best possible way to promote your business:
- A simple post can go a long way: Showcase your products to encourage people to Take Serena Williams, for instance. She has her own fashion brand ‘S by Serena’ and she used Instagram to promote the label as well as a newly released sequin jacket. Fans could buy the item by using Instagram’s “Checkout” feature. Create some hype around your product by promoting and selling it visually on Instagram. According to The Wall Street Journal, Instagram drove more than 50% of sales for the S by Serena brand in a week after she highlighted the jacket on the platform.
- Shoppable: Make your posts on Instagram ‘Shoppable’. This enables your customers to find out more about your product. To use this feature, you have to make sure you have the latest version of the app.
- Instagram Insights:This can help you learn more about the people that are following you. You can find out things like gender, age and their location. This can help you to tweak your posts accordingly to suit what appeals to your type of follower and make your sales more of a success.
- Video chat: Not many people know about this feature, but you can chat to your customers/followers (up to six) using Instagram’s direct messaging feature which has a chat option. To access this, make sure you have the latest version installed. Then once you’ve logged in, find the airplane icon at the top right side of the screen. Once you’ve chosen the people you want to chat with you can start the video chat by tapping on the video icon.
- Video clips:According to the Guardian, Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn’s 60 second video post where he rattled off the party’s manifesto in 60 seconds got seen 120,000! We’re not promising you can replicate this kind of success but putting up a clip showcasing your business is surely a great way of promoting your business.
- Get influencer approval:Do you have an influencer in your industry that’s using Instagram? If so, why not follow them. Hopefully they’ll follow you back and if they like what you do and say they may even share it. You increase your chances of consumers buying your product if you have the backing of an influencer or celebrity.
- Use Instagram stories:This is a great tool to promote your business.
- Use hashtags: Finally, don’t forget to use hashtags. They help people to discover your products on social media including, of course, on Instagram.
Image sourced from Pixabay