Social media can be a bit of a minefield. There’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram but many others such as Snapchat, Qzone and Reddit have burst onto the scene to transform the way in which people interact socially as well as formally for work purposes. It’s an arena that few organisations can afford to ignore, particularly if they want to attract new or younger customers.
Whether you hire an in-house social media strategist or outsource to an agency that specializes in social media marketing, here’s just a few reasons why you need to have a dedicated specialist:
- Generating sales and leads: These days having followers is no longer enough. They need to be converted into customers and the right social media expert would have the tools and the knowledge to be able to do this for you. The odds of converting followers to customers are stacked in your favour if you hire an expert. According to one report, 75% of companies that marketed their products on social media reported an increase in sales within 12 months of doing so.
- Keeping track of it all: As everything is online, and the data can be captured you need someone with the right skills to track and measure your performance on social media platforms. There are of course social media monitoring tools out there that you can make use of, such as Hootsuite, Twitter Counter, and Digimind which enables you to measure sentiment. So with Digimind, you can check if a keyword you are using is perceived as ‘neutral’, ‘negative’ or positive. It can also help you to see how the public perceives your brand or business versus your competition.
- Quality and learning: If you have a professional or agency dedicated to your social media accounts, tracking and performance, the chances are that you’ll get more results than just having a person on your team occasionally dedicating some time to it all in one random afternoon. The social media landscape changes constantly as well so you need to have a specialist that is prepared to keep on top of the latest trends to keep up with what customers are using and are interested in.
- Targeting: Do you have a specific audience that you’d like to attract to your product or brand? Well, if your social media expert is good enough, he or she would know how to use social media tools to attract the right clientele to your business. They will delve into their buying habits and will target adverts accordingly.
- To manage the ‘likes’ and the ‘dislikes’: Social media can be quite complex in that it will attract customers who have good as well as bad feelings towards your brand, product or service. If they have had a good experience they could share it on social media but they are more likely to share something if they’ve had a bad experience as well. Comments can come from far and wide and even if you don’t have social media accounts you can’t presume that people won’t be talking about your brand. They key is to have a person or team out there that is dedicated to ‘listening’ to what they have to say and act accordingly. If there’s a bad review out there you want to know about it, address it, and ensure that the customer is satisfied before he or she continues to bad-mouth you and tarnish your business’ reputation even further.
Technology is simply not going to go away, no matter how much you ignore it. If you don’t have someone dedicated to dealing with your social media, SchemeServe have the expertise to help your business. We can produce content, track results and provide tweaks to your current offerings. We can help with the overall strategy, the execution, or both. For more information, click here.