In a nutshell, SchemeServe is UK based Insurance SaaS solution specialising in services for starting, managing and growing traditional (and specialist) insurance products. It was started in 2000 by our CEO and Founder, Adam, and the software now represents the leading edge in super-fast scheme deployment and truly Obsessive Support ™.
We are a fully remote company, however, we do meet twice a year for some serious (and lots more not so serious) time together. We prize self-development and encourage staff to continue learning, and set new challenges for themselves.
Being remote, we can't offer an unlimited free kitchen or bean bags, but we can offer flexible working with a great work-life balance, a warm and friendly working environment, fantastic company culture and free biscuits through the post,
Our Tech Stack is currently .NET, Microsoft SQL, Azure hosting. We are in the process of transforming to an API first backend in .NET Core with a React front end.
We are looking for a passionate UK based .net Developer specifically with experience in .net core/5.
You will need to coordinate with the rest of the team, working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and a quality product are important. As this is a fully remote position the ideal candidate will need to be able to work well on their own and form a productive environment, as well as manage their own time effectively to ensure prompt delivery of work.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage and work processes, investigating problem areas, following the software development lifecycle.
- Working as part of a larger agile team
- Writing tests on all development work written.
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organisations.
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals.
- Be a persistent, creative problem solver.
- Remain cool and effective in a crisis.
- Stay on the leading edge of development practices.
- Be passionate about great technologies, especially open source.
- Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them.
- 3+ years experience working with C# .net (preferably .net core/.net 5).
- Restful API design experience.
- A solid understanding of modern security practices.
- Experience working with modern cloud providers (preferably Microsoft Azure).
- Experience working within an agile development team using CI/CD practises.
Nice to haves;
- Experience within the Insurance or Finance professions would be useful to understand compliance requirements.
- Experience with working on service-based architecture models.
- Experience working with React JS.