In a nutshell, SchemeServe is UK based Insurance SaaS solution specialising in services for starting, managing and growing traditional (and specialist) insurance products. It was started in 2000 by our CEO and Founder, Adam, and the software now represents the leading edge in super-fast scheme deployment and truly Obsessive Support ™.
We are a fully remote company, however, we do meet twice a year for some serious (and lots more not so serious) time together. We prize self-development and encourage staff to continue learning, and set new challenges for themselves.
Being remote, we can't offer an unlimited free kitchen or bean bags, but we can offer flexible working with a great work-life balance, a warm and friendly working environment, fantastic company culture and free biscuits through the post,
Our Tech Stack is currently .NET, Microsoft SQL, Azure hosting. We are in the process of transforming to an API first backend in .NET Core with a React front end.
We are looking for a passionate UK based Senior Developer with experience in building SOA (Service Orientated Architecture) applications. You will need to coordinate with the rest of the team, working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and a quality product are important. As this is a fully remote position the ideal candidate will need to be able to work well on their own and form a productive environment, as well as manage their own time effectively to ensure a prompt delivery of work.
- First and foremost, developing software our users need.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage and work processes, investigating problem areas, following the software development lifecycle.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organisations.
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Mentor junior and mid-level Engineers.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in the design and implementation of new features.
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals.
- Be a persistent, creative problem solver.
- Remain cool and effective in a crisis.
- Stay on the leading-edge of development practices.
- Be passionate about great technologies, especially open source.
- Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them.
- 8+ year development experience with at least 3+ years experience working with C# .net (preferably .net core/.net 5).
- Work experience as a Senior Developer.
- Experience with working on service-based architecture models (with the ability to provide up to date relevant examples).
- Restful API design experience.
- Understanding of authentication models between web services.
- A solid understanding of modern security practices.
- Experience working with modern cloud providers (preferably Microsoft Azure).
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines (preferably Microsoft Azure Devops).
- Understand the challenges of working on, and modernising legacy systems.
Nice to haves;
- Experience within the Insurance or Finance professions would be useful to understand compliance requirements.